Xian Lanzhou Xiahe Wuwei Zhangye Jiayuguan Dunhuang 8-Day Tour
Day By Day Itinerary ( B-Breakfast, L-Lunch, D-Dinner )
Xian - Lanzhou by overnight train K119 (22:26 - next morning 6:27 )
Lanzhou - Binglingsi Grottoes - Xiahe by private vehicle ( B L )
Then drive 75 km southwest of Lanzhou to Binglingsi Grottoes. "Bingling" means "thousand Buddhas" or "ten-thousand Buddhas" in the Tibetan language. Also known as Bingling Temple, the grottoes are carved on Jishi Hill 75 km from Lanzhou. Bingling Temple Grottoes are famous for stone sculptures of Budda Buddhist pagodas in relief and murals of Esoteric Buddhism.
After lunch, drive from Bingling Temple to Xiahe which takes about five hours. Xiahe is well noted for its old Laprung Temple. Xiahe is densely populated by Tibetan people. Stay at Laprung Hotel.
Xiahe - Lanzhou by Road ( B L )
After lunch, transferred back to your hotel in Lanzhou.
Lanzhou - Wuwei by road ( 280km ) ( B L )
1. Han Tomb of Leitai - Han Tomb Of Leitai is located in the old Leitai Park of Wuwei. The tomb consists of 19.34 m long passage, 3 coffin chambers and 3 side chambers. There were 231 gold, silver, bronze, iron, jade. The renewed Bronze Flying Horse of Ganxu was excavated and it has become the logo of national tourism of China.
2. Confucius Temple - Confucious Temple was built in 1439, in the Ming Dynasty. It is located in the southeast of Wuwei city. It's a large-scale magnificent complex of grand architecture. The temple was once an institute for studying, the largest and best preserved one in Gansu.
3. Haizang Temple - Haizang Temple is the largest complex of ancient buildings in Wuwei. It is now open to te public as a park. The well preserved gateways, archways, pavilions and temples built in Ming and Qing Dynasties are surrounded by river, lake and age-old trees, an impressive spot in Wuwei.
Stay at your hotel in Wuwei.
Wuwei - Zhangye by road ( 240km ) ( B L )
1. The Giant Buddha Temple - The mysterious Giant Buddha Temple which houses the largest well-preserved reclining Buddha in China, the largest architectural heritage from the Western Xia Dynasty (1038-1227). The gold-plated and painted Giant Buddha lies in the Nirvana position in the middle of the hall. The whole Buddha is 34.5 meters long and 7.5 meters wide between its two shoulders.
2. The Bell Tower and the Drum Tower - The bell and drum tower in Zhangye is the biggest drum tower in the Hexi Corridor of the silk road district. it was built during the Ming Dynasty.
Stay at your hotel in Zhangye.
Zhangye - Jiayuguan by road ( 240km ) ( B L ）
1.Jiayuguan Pass - It is the first pass at the west end of the Great Wall of China,6 kilometers southwest of the city of Jiayuguan. Along with Juyongguan and Shanhaiguan, it is one of the main three passes along the Great Wall. The pass is trapezoid-shaped with a perimeter of 733 meters and an area of more than 33,500 square meters.
2.Wei-jin Mural Tombs - Located about 15 kilometers northeast of Jiayuguan, Wei-Jin Mural Tomb is a big tomb group with over 1,400 tombs built between the 3rd Century and 5th Century during the Wei and Jin dynasties. It is the largest subterranean art gallery in the world, containing a large number of colorful murals, attracting tourists from both home and abroad.
3.Suspension Great Wall - 11 kilometers to the downtown Jiayuguan City, the Suspension Great Wall was built during the Ming Dynasty (1368- 1644). It gets its name because there is a 231 meter long section, with an obliquity of 45 degrees, built onto a 150m high ridge. From a distance, it looks like a dragon about to extend its body towards the ground.
Stay at your hotel in Jiayuguan.
Jiayuguan - Dunhuang by train K591(04:58am - 09:30am ) （L）
After lunch, visit Mogao Grottoes. Mogao Grottoes are a group of 492 temples 25 km southeast of the center of Dunhuang, an oasis strategically located at a religious and cultural crossroads on the Silk Road. The caves house some of the finest examples of Buddhist art with a span of 1,000 years.
Then visit Dunhuang Museum. It is a local museum for housing the cultural relics that were excavated in the Dunhuang area. Now there are over 4000 historical items contained in the museum. The museum is divided into four exhibition halls. Back to your hotel and free for rest of the day.
Dunhuang - Xian by later afternoon flight ( B L )
Then move on to Echoing-Sand Dune - Located 6 kilometers south of Dunhuang city, Singing Sand Hill which is also known as the sand dunes of Mingsha, offers fantastic desert scenery. The dune, surrounded by rolling ridges and precipitous cliffs, reaches a relative height of 250 meters.
After lunch, transferred to Dunhuang airport and take the later afternoon flight for Xian. Arrival in Xian and transferred to your hotel in Xian ( or Xian Train Station, or Xian Airport connecting your next destination).
|Featured Hotels for this tour:|
|Xiahe||Laprung Hotel or same class|
|Lanzhou||Sunshine Plaza or same class|
|Wuwei||Tianman Hotel or same class|
|Zhangye||Zhangye Hotel or same class|
|Jiayuguan||Huayuan Hotel or same class|
|Dunhuang||Dunhuang Grand Hotel Building No.08 or same class|
1.All transfers and city transportation for your own use
2.Entrance fees and meals as mentioned
3.Private car or van with English speaking guide
4.Hotel with breakfast
5.Xian-Lanzhou and Jiayuguan-Dunhuang train tickets ( 4-berth cabin ) and Dunhuang-Xian air ticket economic class)
6.The above private escorted tour is customized for you, your family or your friends exclusively. No other travelers will join in your group.
Tips to your tour guide and driver
Notice from TB
1. All rates on Tour-Beijing.com are subject to reconfirmation from our trip advisors when an actual booking is being made.
2. Tours price are net and non-commissionable.
3. Child definition: From Age 3 to 11 Years. 12 Years old and above will be charged as Adult Price.
4. All tours & transfers are all based in English Speaking local guides. For other languages, please contact our trip advisors for new quotations.
Questions & Answers:
Here is only for Questions and Answers. ( For anyone who wants to have an enquiry or customized tour, please email us to . )