Mutianyu Great Wall and Underground Palace Day TourAttractions: Mutianyu Great Wall and Underground Palace (Ming Tombs)
Pick-up point and time: Your Hotel between around 8:00am
Finishing point and time: Your Hotel around 5:00pm
Walking Level: Beginner
Vehicle: Private Car or Van
Service: Entrance fees + lunch + private tour guide & driver + private car / van
Tour Code: BXIT-F02A
Price: Starting from US$ 58 p/p
Tour DescriptionPick up at your hotel around 8:00am. First head to the Underground Palace (1.5 hours) ( Dingling, one of the 13 Ming Dynasty Tombs complex ) and visit a Jade Carving Factory, where you can bargain for jade and handicrafts and get to know about Chinese jade culture (40 minutes). From the Yongle Emperor onwards, 13 Ming Dynasty Emperors were buried in this area. You will visit Dingling, the tomb of the Wanli Emperor, which is the only one of the Ming Dynasty Tombs to have been excavated.
After lunch, head to Mutianyu Great Wall, which takes about one hour. The Mutianyu Great Wall (2 hours) is known for its beautiful surroundings - dense woods and rich pastures changing colors with the seasons of the year. The great wall winds its way over 1000 meters to the crest of a mountain before turning sharply and dipping downhill, forming a triangle known as the Ox-Horn Wall, Two unique features of this section are the double battlements and branch walls found throughout the area. Cable car is optional. After the tour, transferred back to your midtown hotel in Beijing.
Lunch: Chinese lunch
|Travelling Party||Tour Cost Per Person|
|3 - 5 persons||$85|
|6 - 9 persons||$66|
|10 persons and above||$58|
Booking Note:Mutianyu Great Wall
1. There are 20 towers (numbered from right to left) on the Mutianyu Great Wall snaking the ridge for about 3000 meters. So the watch towers at the Mutianyu Great Wall are distributed at short intervals. You have three ways of getting to the Great Wall:
1) Walking up the Great Wall along the stone steps (like a mountain hike - 40 minute hike ) - to the 10th Watch Tower
2) Taking a cable car up to the Great Wall -to the 14th Watch Tower
3) Taking a chairlift to the Great Wall - to the 6th Watch Tower
2. If you take the cable car up, walk to the left section of the Wall which is the most beautiful. This section is mostly downhill and will lead you to the chairlift and the toboggan stations. The tobbogan ride is quite safe and a lot of fun. Usually people will choose the cable car up and the toboggan down.
3. Usually it takes about 1½ hours to the wall and normal the Wall hiking takes about 2 hours.
Note: After touring on the wall, you may walk down the hill, or take cable, or chairlift or Toboggan down the hill.
4. You can pack your own water and fruit but you can purchase food and drinks there. There are several vendors selling dried fruit and drinks around the ticket booths. You can also buy drinks on The Wall.
5. You are kindly requested to pay cable, or chairlift or toboggan on the spot since they are optional.
Underground Palace ( Dingling - Ming Tombs )
1. The resting place for one of the 13 tombs the 16 Ming Dyasty emperors. The 1st, 2nd, and 7th emperors are buried in different locations. This site was chosen for its location and its auspicious feng shui.
2. Some people think Ming Tombs are less interesting and nothing to see. Some think Ming Tombs are worth visiting, an authentic historical landmark. Actually among the 13 Ming Tombs, only two tombs are open to the public: Dingling ( Underground Palace ) and Changling. Dingling is more interesting since it is the only excavated tomb with an underground palace. So the term "visiting Ming Tombs" is not an accurate expression. You must know whether you go to Dingling ( Underground Palace ) or Changling.
3. The beauty of the buildings, and the artifacts are pretty amazing, since there is nothing like them in the west. Take some extra time to walk around the mound and get a good look at the site.
4. This is a good site for many reasons. First, it is outside of Beijing, so you get a chance to get out of the city and see a bit of the countryside. Second, it is relatively close to the Great Wall, so you can see both in one day.
Shopping on the way
We do arrange one shopping on the tour. Chinese tourist shops have a very bad name on the internet. Actually the things are not so bad as it is. The shopping stops are nice places for you to relax and at the same time to make use of the short time to familiarize yourself with the local products as well as help create more jobs for local people. The shopping is not compulsory.
1.Private air conditioned vehicle
2.Chinese lunch as listed
3.Entrance fees for Mutianyu Great Wall and Underground Palace ( Dinging ) - part of the Ming Dynasty Tombs complex
4.Englsih Speaking tour guide
5.The above private transfer is customized for you, your family or your friends exclusively. No other travelers will join in your group.
6. One shopping stop
7. All the prices for the tour above are subject to reconfirmation from our trip advisors when an actual booking is being made. We keep the right to change the itinerary because of traffic, weather, or any other conditions not under our control.
1. Gratuities to drivers and guides.
2. Cable car at the great wall
Wear casually with comfortable sports shoes and pay attention to the climate in Beijing
1. Please use our online booking or send your travel request via email to . You are also welcome to call us at 00 86 10 67160201 ext 1006 or 1007. For non-office hour emergency booking, please dial 0086 13520598855 ( English speaking staff on duty available from 8:00 to 21:00 daily).
2. Our real trip advisors will have your booking confirmed no more than one working day. When your booking is confirmed, you will get a confirmation email or call from us, which includes the confirmed detailed itinerary with prices.
3.Way of Payment
Prepayment is needed to hold your reservation. Cash payment, credit card payment or wire transfer. Both RMB and US$ or other hard currencies are acceptable.
Terms & Conditions
Questions & Answers:
Here is only for Questions and Answers. ( For anyone who wants to have an enquiry or tour booking, please fill in our Online Enquiry. )