Ming Tomb and Badaling Great Wall Day TourAttractions: Badaling Great Wall and Underground Palace (Ming Tombs)
Pick-up point and time: Your Hotel between around 8:00am
Finishing point and time: Your Hotel around 5:00pm
Walking Level: Beginner
Vehicle: Private Car or Van
Service: entrance fees + lunch + private tour guide & driver + private car / van
Tour Code: BXIT-F02
Price: Starting from US$ 58 p/p
Tour DescriptionPick up at your hotel around 8:00am. First drive to the Underground Palace (1.5 hours) ( Dingling, one of the 13 Ming Dynasty Tombs complex ). From the Yongle Emperor onwards, 13 Ming Dynasty Emperors were buried in this area. You will visit Dingling, the tomb of the Wanli Emperor, which is the only one of the Ming Dynasty Tombs to have been excavated.
After lunch, head to the Badaling Great Wall (2 hours) and visit a jade factory, where you can bargain for jade and handicrafts and get to know about Chinese jade culture (40 minutes). The drive to Badaling Great Wall takes about 40 minutes. Badaling section is the most famous and best-preserved wall. It lies 100 KM away at the northwest of Beijing. If you want to get to the highest point and have a bird eye’s view of this section of the great wall, cable car is a good choice ( optional ). Visit Bona Jade Factory and learn about the stone carving art in China. After the tour, transferred back to your midtown hotel in Beijing.
Lunch: Chinese lunch
|Travelling Party||Tour Cost Per Person|
|3 - 5 persons||$85|
|6 - 9 Persons||$66|
|10 persons and above||$58|
Booking Note:Badaling Great Wall
1. The Badaling Great Wall is the well preserved Ming Dynasty Great Wall with original appearance. Now it is divided into two sections - east and west starting at the Badaling Pass and Gate. Most people prefer to climb the east section where the highest watch tower is located.
2. Some tourists don't choose the Badaling Great Wall. They think Badaling Great Wall is too touristy! "Tourity" is now a bad word for any tour desination. But why is it too touristy? It is "too touristy" because Badaling Great Wall is the most gorgeous of all the five sections of the Great Wall around Beijing.
3. The Badaling Great Wall is worth being listed on your Great Wall hiking travel plan. Your Badaling Great Wall hike can be easily customized to include the Ming Tombs or Summer Palace on your one day trip.
Underground Palace ( Dingling - Ming Tombs )
1. The resting place for one of the 13 tombs of the 16 Ming Dyasty emperors. The 1st, 2nd, and 7th emperors are buried in different locations. This site was chosen for its location and its auspicious feng shui.
2. Some people think Ming Tombs are less interesting and nothing to see. Some think Ming Tombs are worth visiting, an authentic historical landmark. Actually among the 13 Ming Tombs, only two tombs are open to the public: Dingling ( Underground Palace ) and Changling. Dingling is more interesting since it is the only excavated tomb with an underground palace. So the term "visiting Ming Tombs" is not an accurate expression. You must know whether you go to Dingling ( Underground Palace ) or Changling.
3. The beauty of the buildings, and the artifacts are pretty amazing, since there is nothing like them in the west. Take some extra time to walk around the mound and get a good look at the site.
4. This is a good site for many reasons. First, it is outside of Beijing, so you get a chance to get out of the city and see a bit of the countryside. Second, it is relatively close to the Great Wall, so you can see both in one day.
Shopping on the way
We do arrange one shopping on the tour. Chinese tourist shops have a very bad name on the internet. Actually the things are not so bad as it is. The shopping stops are nice places for you to relax and at the same time to make use of the short time to familiarize yourself with the local products as well as help create more jobs for local people. The shopping is not compulsory.
1.Private air conditioned vehicle
2.Chinese lunch as listed
3.Entrance fees for Badaling Great Wall and Underground Palace ( Dinging ) - part of the Ming Dynasty Tombs complex
4.Englsih Speaking tour guide
5.The above private transfer is customized for you, your family or your friends exclusively. No other travelers will join in your group.
6. One shopping stop
7. All the prices for the tour above are subject to reconfirmation from our trip advisors when an actual booking is being made. We keep the right to change the itinerary because of traffic, weather, or any other conditions not under our control.
1. Gratuities to drivers and guides.
2. Cable car at the great wall
Wear casually with comfortable sports shoes and pay attention to the climate in Beijing
1. Please use our online booking or send your travel request via email to . You are also welcome to call us at 00 86 10 67160201 ext 1006 or 1007. For non-office hour emergency booking, please dial 0086 13520598855 ( English speaking staff on duty available from 8:00 to 21:00 daily).
2. Our real trip advisors will have your booking confirmed no more than one working day. When your booking is confirmed, you will get a confirmation email or call from us, which includes the confirmed detailed itinerary with prices.
3.Way of Payment
Prepayment is needed to hold your reservation. Cash payment, credit card payment or wire transfer. Both RMB and US$ or other hard currencies are acceptable.
Terms & Conditions
|Questions & Answers:|
Here is only for Questions and Answers. ( For anyone who wants to have an enquiry or tour booking, please fill in our Online Enquiry. )