Mutianyu Great Wall and The Schoolhouse 2 Days Tour
Day By Day Itinerary ( B-Breakfast, L-Lunch, D-Dinner )
Midtown Hotel Beijing - Mutianyu Great Wall - The Schoolhouse
After 2-3 hours hiking, head to the Schoolhouse by the Mutianyu Great Wall for a romantic lunch. The Schoolhouse was once a abandoned elementary school in the Great Wall Village. Now it hass been turned into park-like campus. Its canteen offers foods using the fresh local ingredients and made in their own sanitary kitchen. The Scoolhouse canteen's regular menu is focused on light Italian food with homemade ice cream, sorbets and chocolates.
After lunch, you may learn the art of glass making and watch the glassblowers in action in the courtyard. You will be amazed by the rich varity of the glass exhibits in their art room.
Then check-in at the countryside house across the Schoolhouse for the night. It is a Simple Luxury Chinese Style Countryside House. Please contact us for a custom home from the countryside House.
The Scoolhouse - Midtown Hotel in Beijing
1. Mutianyu Great Wall has an extemely beautiful natural landscape once you are up on the wall, green, densely wooded. This section of the Great Wall is comparatively smoother than most of other sections.
2. Mutianyue Great Wall is the only section where you have to do the mountain hike if you are going to climb up the Great Wall since the Mutianyu Great Wall doesn't start from the ground unlike other sections of the Great Wall. So at the Mutianyu Great Wall, you have the chance to enjoy the mountain hike as well as the Great Wall hike.
3. There are 20 towers on the Mutianyu Great Wall snaking the ridge for about 3000 meters. The watch towers at the Mutianyu Great Wall are distributed at short intervals. The 20 watch towers are numbered from right to left, or from east to west. The 20th tower is highest point of the Mutianyu Great Wall. In any Great Wall hike, it is good for your legs to hike up than to hike down. So we suggest you hike the Mutianyu Great Wall from the left to the right ( from the east to the west).
4. You have three ways of getting to the Great Wall:
1) Walking up the Great Wall along the stone steps (like a mountain hike - 40 minute hike ) - to the 10th Watch Tower
2) Taking a cable car up to the Great Wall - to the 14th Watch Tower
3) Taking a chairlift to the Great Wall - to the 6th Watch Tower
Notice from TB
1. All rates on Tour-Beijing.com are subject to reconfirmation from our trip advisors when an actual booking is being made.
2. Tours price are net and non-commissionable.
3. Child definition: From Age 3 to 11 Years. 12 Years old and above will be charged as Adult Price.
4. All tours & transfers are all based in English Speaking local guides. For other languages, please contact our trip advisors for new quotations.
Questions & Answers: