This morning I’m much pleased to have delivered the 2010 year-end summary and 2011 work plan on Internet Travel Center of Beijing Xinhua International Tours. In my report, I present a review of Tour-Beijing.com’s achievements in 2010 and outlook for 2011.
With China Incoming Travel business plummeting at all times in 2010 and no sign to climb, we have been working aggressively to bring tour-Beijing.com on the right track and maintained a sustained progress by making use of any possible opportunities presented by the inbound online travel markets.
2010 Summary for China Incoming Internet Travel Market
China Inbound Tour online volume continued to decrease as well as the annual profit in 2011. The reasons are varied. There are some important factors behind the downturn.
1. Global economic recession.
2. A notable decrease of western travelers, who also keep a tight grasp on their wallets.
3. Margin increase of travelers from southeast Asian countries, but who are more price sensitive.
4. Mushrooming of incoming online travel websites by the traditional travel agencies in China, which have suffered much more from the traditional incoming travel downturn due to the global economic depression.
5. Human resources competition between incoming travel and outgoing travel with outbound travel having a upper hand due to the domestic economic development. More young and talented people choose outgoing travel instead of incoming travel as one of their career goals.
2011 Outlook for China Inbound Online Travel Market
China Inbound Tour will still have a tough year 2011 mainly due to the slow recover of global economic slump. Slow recovery for 2011.
1. No big increase of inbound tourist volume in 2011.
2. More “aggressive” competition among inbound online tour operators in China.
3. Slow recovery of tourists coming from western countries.
4. More price pressure from the clients from southeast Asian countries.
5. Still faced with the human resources problems
2012 – 2013 Outlook for China Inbound Online Travel Market
China Incoming Travel will be on a growing stage between 2012 and 2013.
1. Notable increase of inbound tourist volume in 2012 and 2013.
2. Less competition among inbound online tour operators in China.
3. Quick recovery of tourists coming from western countries.
4. Still price pressure from the clients from southeast Asian countries.
5. Human resources pressure allayed
At the beginning of the annual company work report, I also award the 6 outstanding staff members for their exemplary performance in their positions during the 2010 as well as 2 employees for their full work attendance.
It is a pleasnt surprise that our Internet Travel Center ( tour-beijing,com ) of Beijing Xinhua International Tours has been awarded an advanced unit for our outstanding performance 2010 by our company headquarters.