Posts Tagged ‘how to get a Chinese tourist visa’

How to get a Chinese visa

Sunday, April 8th, 2018
Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather

Plan your China tour? Any foreign passport holders require a visa in advance of travel to China. An “L” Visa is issued to foreigners who comes to China for travel or visiting family members.

There is no visa-on-arrival provision except in extraordinary cases. Chinese visa policy is strictly enforced, and a penalty of RMB 500 per day is imposed for overstaying.

Visa Types
Basically there are four kinds of visa most frequently issued:

L Visa–Tourist visa. Issued for visiting China, sightseeing, family visits or other private matters.

F Visa–Visit visa. Issued to those coming to China to conduct business (giving a lecture, undertaking research…)

Z Visa–Work Visa. Issued for the holder to work full-time in China.

X Visa–Student visa. Issued to those coming to China to study for longer than 6 months.

Where to apply for your China visa
You are mainly requested to go to the Chinese embassy ( or consulate ) in your home country for visa application in person or use a visa service as well as visa agents.

1) First search the official website of the Chinese embassy in your home country or local visa agents.
2) Study the requirements for the visa application.
3) Contact Chinese embassy by email or on phone.
4) Prepare for personal documents for the application.
5) Pay the visa fee and wait for your Chinese visa.

Official visa service web:

How to apply for Chinese tourist visa
To get Chinese tourist visa, you must offer the documents below to the Chinese embassy or consulate in your home country, a visa agent. Your valid passport which must have at least six (6) months of remaining validity with at least two visa pages.

1) China bound air-tickets
2) China Hotel confirmation
3) Tour Confirmation letter from a local travel agency in China
4) Other requirements

Visa renewal or Extension
The agency in charge of visa matters inside China is the Public Security Bureau (PSB). If you lose your passport in China, or you are going to extend your , you should turn to the PSB.

Please visa renewal, please contact the Entry & Exit Administration of the Public Security Bureau if you have more questions.
Add: 2 Andingmen Dongdajie, Dongcheng District, Beijing
Tel: +86 10 84020101

72-Hour Visa Free Stay in Beijing and other major cities in China
At the time of my writing, transit passengers from 53 designated countries are entitled to spending up to  72 or 144 hours visa free transit stay separately in the 9 cities of Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu, Guangzhou, Chongqing, Dalian, Guilin, Shenyang and Xian in China.

The transit passengers from 53 countries with visas and plane tickets to a third country are allowed to transit through one of the cities mentioned above for a visa-free stay of up to 72 or 144 hours.

The 144-hour visa-free transit allows you for a sufficient time to visit Beijing, or Tianjin and Hebei per your travel request. For more information Beijing tours, Tianjin tour and Hebei tour, please check out the following links:

Beijing Layover tour
Beijing Tour Packages

Tianjin Tour
Tianjin Cruise Port Transfer & Tour

Hebei Tour
Shijiazhuang Tour
Chengde Tour
Zhangjiakou Tour
Qinhuangdao Tour

Further Readings

Beijing 144 Hours Free Visa Transit.

Any questions, just drop a line.