Datong Tour from Beijing ( 3 Day Tour )
A 3-day Rail Tour from Beijing to Datong. Discover the wonders of this ancient city. Includes round trip Beijing-Datong train tickets
|♦ Entrance to Yungang Grottoes
Nine Dragons Screens
♦ Beijing Datong Round Train Tickets
|♦ Air-condtioned and comfortable vans or coaches in datong
♦ The services of a professional tour guide in Datong
♦ One night on train
♦ One niht stay in Datong
Day 1: Join our train at Beiijing Railway Station and depart at 7:47am by Train No.K23 for Datong, about 400km west of Beijing. The journey takes approximately 6 hours. Arriving in Datong at 13:51, escorted by our professional tour guide in Datong, and start exploring Yungang Grottoes.
There are three main sites in China that are famous for their stone sculpture - Gansu Province Dunhuang, Luoyang Longmen and Datong Yungang. Among these, the Yungang grottoes are considered the first among equals, for their tremendous size, their ancient history and their relatively complete state of presenvation.
Next we travel back to the city center of Datong and visit the famous Nine Dragons Screen, one of the three noted Nine Dragons Screens in China. The glazed tile screen was built in 1771 during the administration of Emperor Qianlong. It is 3.5 meters high and about 30 meters long. It consists of 270 pieces glazed tiles, having 9 featuring dragons playing with pearls with a background of clouds and seawater.
check in at your 5 star hotel at Datong - Datong International Hotel for two nights based two sharing room with breakfast. ( D )
Day 2: Today our visit in Datong includes the Hanging Temple and Wooden Pagoda. Hanging Temple is 65 km south-east of Datong. The temple hangs on the west cliff of a hill with over 50 meters above the ground, hence Hanging Monastery. Hanging Monastery was first in 491. The present monastery was mainly rebuilt and maintained in the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644) and Qing Dynasty (1644-1911). The biggest attraction of Hanging Temple is the fact that the temple includes Buddhism, Taoism and Confucianism.
Wooden Pagoda, the oldest wooden Buddhist pagoda in existence in China. The pagoda is 67 meters high the pagoda with a 9 storey octagonal building. It was was built without using any nails.
Take overnight train back to Beijing K1112/K1113 ( 22:20 - next morning 04:35) ( B L D )
Day 3: Arrival in Beijing at 04:35am
Arriving in Beijing and go back to your hotel own your own.
B-Breakfast, L-Lunch, D-Dinner
|Prices and Departures|
|Tour Cost||Adult: US$270
Children (3-11): US$250
Single supplement: US$ 32
|Departure Point and Meeting Place||The West Gate of Beijing International Hotel (北京国际饭店西门)|
1.We always insist that you arrive a minimum of 10 minutes before the published departure time.
2.Walk from Beijing International Hotel to Beijing Railway Station
|Returns to Beijing Downtown||approx. 4.35am the third day
Note: No pickup service from the railway station
|Days of Operation||Every Saturday in the months of September, October and November, 2011;
Every Saturday in the months of March, April, May, July, August, September, October and Novemver 2012
|Coach Condition||air-conditioned van or coach|
|Guide Service||English speaking tour guide on board|
|Terms & Conditions||Please check Frequently Asked Questions for more information|
1.Air conditioned vehicle
2.Chinese meals as listed
3.Entrance fees as listed
4.Englsih Speaking tour guide
5.One night two sharing stay at Datong International Hotel with breakfast
6.One overnight on the train back from Datong to Beijing (4-bed cabin)
1.Gratuities to driver and guide.
2.No pickup serivce from the train station.
If you need the railway station pickup service, please contact your trip advisor for the detailes.
Wear casually with comfortable sports shoes and pay attention to the climate in Datong.
Notice from TB
1. All rates on Tour-Beijing.com are subject to reconfirmation from our trip advisors when an actual booking is being made.
2. Tours price are net and non-commissionable.
3. Child definition: From Age 3 to 11 Years (usually enjoying 10%-40% discount. Contact our trip advisors for the actual discount for your case). 12 Years old and above will be charged as Adult Price.
4. All tours & transfers are all based in English Speaking local guides. For other languages, please contact our trip advisors for new quotations.
1. Please use our online booking or send your travel request via email to . You are also welcome to call us at 00 86 10 67160201 ext 1006 or 1007. For non-office hour emergency booking, please dial 0086 13520598855 ( English speaking staff on duty available from 8:00 to 21:00 daily).
2. Our real trip advisors will have your booking confirmed no more than one working day. When your booking is confirmed, you will get a confirmation email or call from us, which includes the confirmed detailed itinerary with prices.
3.Way of Payment
Prepayment is needed to hold your reservation. Cash payment, credit card payment or wire transfer. Both RMB and US$ or other hard currencies are acceptable.
Terms & Conditions