Cuandixia Village Excursion ( Full Day )
A fascinating day out to the four Ming Dynasty ancient villages - Huanglingxi Village, Shuangshitou village, Cuandixia Village and Baiyucun Village, 90km west of downtown Beijing.
|♦ Entrance to Huanglingxi Village
♦ Panoramic View of Cuandixia Village
|♦ Air-condtioned and comfortable vehicle
♦ The services of a professional tour guide
The layout of Huanglingxi Village is similar to a Chinese character "Ren" (meaning"human"). For the generations, the villagers live in this village surrounded by green hills, clean rivers and deep natural pools. No longer used to living on framing, they now open their village to tourists. They are honest, hardworking and hospitable. You can have a bite of local home-made foods and enjoy the revelutionary songs and performances by the local villagers.
Shuangshitou Village: Shuangshitou Village ( or Double Stone Village ) is located in the valley sandwiched by the east hillside and the west hillside, 5km north of Zhaitang Town in Mentougou District Beijing. Overlooking from the hillsides, the over 500-year old ancient village looks like a phoenix extending its wings. Stone culture is found everywhere in the village – stone mills, stone mortars, stone walls and stone houses built on the stones.
Cuandixia Village: Cuandixia Village is located between Shuangshitou Village and Baiyu Village under the jurisdiction of Zhaitang Town in Mentougou Beijing. Lying about 90km west of Beijing, Cuandinxia Village is an ancient village of over 400 years built in Ming and Qing Dynsties with an area of 5.3 square km. There are about 74 coutyards with 689 rooms, most of which were built in late Qing Dynasties. Many of the local villagers, especially the young people have left the village for the development in the big cities. But there are still approxi. 29 households with 93 people living in the village.
In Ming Dynasty (1368-1644), Baiyucun Village was a military village where every family had at least one member serving in the army. It was very common at that time. About half mile north of the village, there is an ancient pass called "Tianjin Pass". Almost each dynasty would send its troops here. Every year, soldiers would come here and burn all the trees on the mountains, including cypress and elms. Trees disappeared, but the name of village named after the tree remains. "Bai" means cypress, "Yu" means elms.
1.Air conditioned vehicle
4.Englsih Speaking tour guide
Gratuities to driver and guide.
Wear casually with comfortable sports shoes and pay attention to the climate in Beijing
Notice from TB
1. All rates on Tour-Beijing.com are subject to reconfirmation from our trip advisors when an actual booking is being made.
2. Tours price are net and non-commissionable.
3. Child definition: From Age 3 to 11 Years. 12 Years old and above will be charged as Adult Price.
4. All tours & transfers are all based in English Speaking local guides. For other languages, please contact our trip advisors for new quotations.
1. Please use our online booking or send your travel request via email to . You are also welcome to call us at 00 86 10 67160201 ext 1006 or 1007.
2. Our real trip advisors will have your booking confirmed no more than one working day. When your booking is confirmed, you will get a confirmation email or call from us, which includes the confirmed detailed itinerary with prices.
3.Way of Payment
Prepayment is needed to hold your reservation. Cash payment, credit card payment or wire transfer. Both RMB and US$ or other hard currencies are acceptable.
Terms & Conditions
Questions & Answers:
Here is only for Questions and Answers. ( For anyone who wants to have an enquiry or customized tour, please email us to . )