Ancient Pilgrimage Trail Hiking Day TripHike Route: This walk starts from Yangtaishan Mountain and ends at Jiangou Village, stunning views.
Walking Time: 4 hours
Walking Level: 3
Way of Travel: Private transfer + private car or van + private local tour guide + entrance fees + Lunch as listed
Pick-up point and time: Your Hotel around 8:00am
Finishing point and time: Your Hotel around 6:00pm
Departure Date: Daily
Best Hike Time: Spring, Summer and Autumn
It is an easy 4-hour hike along the ancient pilgrimage path at Yangtaishan Mountain to Jiangou Village at Miaofengshan Mountain before driving up to the destination - Miao Feng Shan Temple.
The ancient Pilgrimage Path was and now is still a famous ancient path leading to the Miao Feng Shan Temple at Miao Feng Shan ( or Mt. Maofengshan) which is one of the famous mountains located in Mentougou, west of Beijing. Its highest peak reaches the altitude of 1291 meters.
Miaofeng Mountain is well known for the old temples on its hilltop, as well as its rock, pine trees and flowers. The most worth visiting is Miao Feng Shan Goddess Temple, or locally called as Niang Niang Miao ( 娘娘庙 ). The Goddess Temple at Miao Feng Shan is offered to Bixia Yuanjun (碧霞元君), also known as the “Heavenly Jade Maiden” ( 天仙玉女 ) or the “Empress of Mount Tai” (泰山娘娘).
The pilgrmage path can be traced back to the year of 1629 in the late Ming Dynasty ( 1368 – 1644). The pilgrimage was halted both during the Anti-Japanese War ( 1937 – 1945 ) and Cultural Revolution ( 1966 – 1976 ). The pilgrims are not just from Beijing, they also come from Tianjin, Shanghai and other parts of China.
1. Make sure you know what the local weather conditions
2. Good shoes are an essential when hiking
3. Taking plenty of water so you don't get dehydrated is an essential.
4. It is also a good idea to pack some snacks to keep you sustained on your trip
5. Shorter and more frequent rest stops allow you to enjoy various scenic spots
6.Wear a head and arm coverings in sunny or high altitude areas, and use sunblock
7. The first rule with interacting with the environment is: Leave it as you found it
8. Respect the local custom in the villages around Beijing
9. Make sure you have appropriate rain gear
10. Leave a change of clothes in your car.
11. Carry a spare handkerchief to dip in cool streams and spread over your neck, forehead, etc.
Check Hike the ancient Miaofengshan pilgrimage path for more information
|Cost: in US$ per person|
|Travelling Party||Tour Cost Per Person|
|10 persons and above||$40|
1.All transfers and city transportation for your own use
3.Entrance fees as listed
4.Private car or van with English speaking guide
5.The above private escorted tour is customized for you, your family or your friends exclusively. No other travelers will join in your group.
Tips to your tour guide and driver
Wear casually with comfortable sports shoes and pay attention to the local climate.
1. All rates are subject to reconfirmation from our trip advisors when an actual booking is being made.
2. Tours price are net and non-commissionable.
3. Child definition: From Age 3 to 11 Years (usually enjoying 10%-40% discount. Contact our trip advisors for the actual discount for your case). 12 Years old and above will be charged as Adult Price.
4. All tours & transfers are all based in English Speaking local guides. For other languages, please contact our trip advisors for new quotations.
1. Please use our online booking or send your travel request via email to . You are also welcome to call us at 00 86 10 67160201 ext 1006 or 1007. For non-office hour emergency booking, please dial 0086 13520598855 ( English speaking staff on duty available from 8:00 to 21:00 daily).
2. Our real trip advisors will have your booking confirmed no more than one working day. When your booking is confirmed, you will get a confirmation email or call from us, which includes the confirmed detailed itinerary with prices.
3.Way of Payment
Prepayment is needed to hold your reservation. Cash payment, credit card payment or wire transfer. Both RMB and US$ or other hard currencies are acceptable.
Terms & Conditions