|Dalian Airlines Co., Ltd. received its public air carrier's license from the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) Dec. 8, marking the completion of all the carrier's operation procedures. The regional airline is expected to launch its maiden flight from Dalian to Shenzhen on Dec. 26.
Dalian Airlines is jointly set up by Air China Ltd. (CA) and Dalian Baoshui Zhengtong Co. Ltd with 1 billion yuan investment in total. CA is the controlling stakeholder with an 80% holding. The airline invested 800 million yuan while Dalian Baoshui Zhengtong Co. put forward 200 million yuan to take the remaining 20% stake. As its 80% stake holder, CA will make adjustment on some of its routes correspondingly after Dalian Airlines starts operating.
The carrier has received its first Boeing 737-800 with the livery of Dalian Airlines on Nov. 18 at Dalian Zhoushuizi International Airport, and is soon to receive its second one on Dec. 18. The airline's maiden flight is scheduled to fly from Dalian to Shenzhen with 120 passengers on Dec. 26.
Chen Ruiwen, Secretary of the Party Committee of Dalian Airlines, said the airline will launch the Dalian-Beijing and Dalian-Taiyuan-Sanya services after its maiden flight, and its network will gradually cover the main provincial capital cities across the country. Its fleet size will be increased from 2 this year to 5 next year, and expected to increase to 20 in 2015.
He added, in terms of network and market, CA will also make some adjustments on some of its routes in response to the start-up carrier's operation and development, while the latter will take advantage of CA's current network to optimize its routes. To develop Dalian as an air transportation center in northeast Asia, Dalina Airlines, subject to government's approval, will launch international flights to Japan and South Korea.
According to Chen, CA will cut its capacity in northeast China after the operation of Dalian Airlines. The first flights launched by Dalian Airlines will connect Dalian with Shenzhen and other CA bases. Dalian Airlines will join CA's international and domestic flights network to expand its influence both at home and aboard, and is expected to launch services to Europe and U.S in the future.
As the first local airline in northeast China, Dalian Airlines will speed up the strategic plan of building Dalian as a "regional hub" in northeast Asia, and promote the development of transportation, logistics, and tourism, as well as the economy growth in Dalian. Dalian Airlines plans to build its air transport network in 5 years, matching the city's gateway position in China's northeast region.
WCARN.com | December 14, 2011