Beijing Wheelchair Accessible Travel & ToursWe have many years'experience in helping wheelchair users or disabled people, plan their trips to Beijing China and handling the ground arrangement accordingly. For these special tours, hotels are carefully selected and travel plans are customized by our Our wheelchair accessible travel planners. Our professional tour guides and drivers are very helpful in assisting them to see and touch Beijing and other parts of China. Wheelchairs are available for them if necessary. People here are warm, kind and patient with the disabled travellers.
Accessible Beijing is the name of wheelchair accessible travel tips and tours for wheelchair users or slow walkers who are going to visit Beijing and other parts of China offered by Tour-Beijing travel service.
Travel Tips for Disabled Accessible Travel:
Chinese people are kind and patient with disabled travelers. You will find many hotels, airports and some public areas are specially designed and equipped with more accessible facilities. If you have difficulty moving around due to your physical disability or have visual or hearing problem, you still can have a sound and exciting travel experience with careful planning, sound arrangements and detailed preparation. Please find below the useful travel tips for a possible exciting travel with a disability:
1. Understand your health and abilities, then carefully plan your trip within them. Try to strengthen your body health and mobility before you travel Beijing China.
2. Get more information either through internet or guide books on your destinations. You may also contact our trip advisors for more information. Generally, the barrier-free environment in China is developing very quickly, especially in such big cities as Beijing, Xian, Shanghai, Tianjin, Wuhan, Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Hong Kong.
3. Before you go abroad, contact your doctor for a thorough medical check-up. If you have coronary heart disease, hypertension or any other chronic symptoms, or if you have recently had surgery or suffered from a heart attack, please do make a good check-up. Consult with your dentist for a check-up. Take with you your doctor’s name and telephone number they can be contacted in any emergency.
4. Take any necessary equipment needed to complete your travel such as canes, wheelchairs, audiphones and mobility scooters. Also keep in mind that taking some spare parts for emergency repairs.
5. If you travel through a tour package or joining a group orgnized by a travel agency, you must tell your disability information so that they can make the proper arrangements for you.
6. Please also inform the airlines, cruise ship company, hotels, airports and railway stations and travel agencies as early as possible to ensure whether and how they can offer help based on your impaired mobility. Give plenty of time for them to make the related preparations and make necessary arrangements well in advance.
7. Ensure your health and travel insurance policy to make it cover the medical expenses done during trips overseas.
We offer extra services for the disabled without adding extra expenses:
You too will become a happy traveler coming to Beijing China if you plan your travel carefully. We try to offer extra services for you without adding extra expenses. The more information you offer regarding your disablilty condition, the better service we offfer. Please answer the following questions to ensure the appropriate arrangements in Beijing China:
1. Do you travel China alone or with your family memeber or your friends?
2. Do you have any travel experience abroad?
3. Have you been to Beijing China?
4. What'your age?
5. Any special request for the tour guide?
6. Any special request for your vehicles in China?
7. Please tell us clearly your mobility: ability to walk unaided, using the cane, with the help of somebody else for a long walking.
8. If you need a wheelchair, please tell your weight and size.
9. Do you need only the simple pushing of your wheelchair or more help like feeding, washing, bathing, toileting, dressing?
10. Any special help for the tour, like a special diet, using oxygen or other aids. We will check with you the details to ensure your Beijing China tour is smooth, safe and exciting.
FAQS for wheelchair users traveling Beijing China:
Q: Which section of the Great Wall around Beijing is accessible for wheelchair users?
A: Badaling Great Wall is wheelchair-friendly. A special flat lane is built for wheelchair users to get to the third watch tower of the Great Wall. Even two elevators are equipped for easy ascending the wall if you book the elevator service in advance.
Q: What do you offer for accessible travel in Beijing ?
● Accessible Van and Coaches with either ramp or Lift
● Chauffeur Driven Private Cars
● Manual Wheelchairs
● Guaranteed Accessible hotels
● Accessible Airport and Train Station Transfers
● Luggage Handling
● English Speaking Guides
● Peronal Care Attendants
Q: Do you offer travel serivice for slow walkers?
A: We are eager to fix a travel plan for slow walkers traveling at their own pace in Beijing.
Q: I learn that the rental for accessible van is very expensive in Beijing. Can I use a normal van with the help of the tour guide?
A: The number of the accessible van and coaches with either ramp or Lift are quite limited in Beijing. So the rental rates are much higher. If you have a better condition and use a portable wheelchair, we suggest you use the normal van assisted by your tour guide.
Q: Do you have any prearranged wheelchair friendly Beijing day tours?
A: Most of the places in Beijing are accessible for wheelchair users. Please check the following wheelchair friendly day tours in Beijing.
Badaling Great Wall
Beijing City Highlight Tour
Beijing Modern City Tour
Beijing Hutong Tour
Cooking Learning Tour
Beijing TCM Study Tour
Village Tours in Beijing
Beijing Night Tour
|Questions & Answers:|
Here is only for Questions and Answers. ( For anyone who wants to have an enquiry or tour booking, please fill in our Online Enquiry. )