Urumqi Turpan 4-Day Tour
Day By Day Itinerary ( B-Breakfast, L-Lunch, D-Dinner )
Arrival in Urumqi ( L )
Then return to the city center of Urumqi. Return to your hotel in Urumqi.
Urumqi - Turpan by private vehicle ( L )
1. Jiaohe Ruins - The Jiaohe Ruins is the place of ancient Chinese ruins found in the Yarnaz Valley, 10 km west of the city of Turpan. The city of Jiaohe was the capital of the Anterior Jushi Kingdom, concurrent with the Han Dynasty, Jin Dynasty and Southern and Northern Dynasties in China. It was finally abandoned after its destruction during an invasion by the Mongols led by Genghis Khan in the 13th century.
2. Karez Well - It is a loacal Turfan water system, called karez well in Turfan. It is a qanat system that has been regarded as one of the three greatest water projects of ancient China together with the Du Jiang Yan Irrigation System, and the Grand Canal.
3. Flaming Mountains - The Flaming Mountains are barren, eroded, red sandstone hills in the east of the city of Turfan. The mountain climate is harsh and the temperature is extremely hot in the summer, the hottest site in China.
4. Grape Valley - Situated in the Flaming Mountain 13 km east of Turpan, the Grape Valley is 8km long from north to south and 0.5km wide. This green paradise of 400 hektares is covered with layer upon layer of grapes.
Turpan - Urumchi by road ( B L )
1. Bezeklik Thousand Buddha Caves - Situated at the foot of Flaming Mountains lying 13km east of Turpan city, they are a group of Buddhist cave grottos dating from the 5th to the 9th centuries. There are 77 rock-cut caves at the site. Most have rectangular spaces with rounded arch ceilings often divided into four sections, each with a mural of Buddha.
2. Sugong Pagoda - The Sugong Pagoda lies in the southeast suburb, six kilometers away from Turpan City. The cylindrical Sugong Pagoda is 37 meters high and 10 meters in diameter from the bottom. The pagoda was built in 1181 by the ruler of the Turpan Prefecture, to honor his father.
3. Astana Grave - The Astana Graves are a group of underground tombs about 40 km to the southeast of Turpan. The tombs were the burial sites by the inhabitants of the ancient city of Gaochang, both officials and commoners.
After lunch, take the private vehicle back to Urumqi. Before dinner, have a short tour of the Urumqi International . Also locally called "Erdaoqiao Bazaar", located at No.160 Shengli Street of Urumqi city, it boasts a total area of 100,000 square meters, largest bazaar in the world. Stay at your hotel in Urumqi.
Leave Urumqi or free on your own ( B )
Transferred to Urumqi airport, or train station, or free on your own.
|Featured Hotels for this tour:|
|City||Luxury Hotel||Standard Hotel|
|Urumqi||Hoi Tak Hotel or same class||Ramada Hotel or same class|
|Turpan||Huozhou Hotel or same class||Turpan Hotel or same class|
1.All transfers and city transportation for your own use
2.Entrance fees and meals as mentioned
3.Private car or van with English speaking guide
4.Hotel with breakfast
5.Urumqi-Turpan-Urumqi by private vehicle
6.The above private escorted tour is customized for you, your family or your friends exclusively. No other travelers will join in your group.
1.Tips to your tour guide and driver
2.Travel insurance for your coverage of injury or accident
Notice from TB
1. All rates on Tour-Beijing.com are subject to reconfirmation from our trip advisors when an actual booking is being made.
2. Tours price are net and non-commissionable.
3. Child definition: From Age 3 to 11 Years. 12 Years old and above will be charged as Adult Price.
4. All tours & transfers are all based in English Speaking local guides. For other languages, please contact our trip advisors for new quotations.
Questions & Answers:
Here is only for Questions and Answers. ( For anyone who wants to have an enquiry or customized tour, please email us to . )