Urumqi Turpan Korla Kuqa 7-Day Tour
Day By Day Itinerary ( B-Breakfast, L-Lunch, D-Dinner )
Arrival in Urumqi ( L )
Then return to the city center of Urumqi. Before dinner, have a short city tour of the bazaar - Urumqi International Bazaar, locally called "Erdaoqiao Bazaar", located at No.160 Shengli Street of Urumqi city, it boasts a total area of 100,000 square meters, largest bazaar in the world. Return to your hotel in Urumqi.
Urumqi - Turpan by private vehicle ( L )
1. Jiaohe Ruins - The Jiaohe Ruins is the place of ancient Chinese ruins found in the Yarnaz Valley, 10 km west of the city of Turpan. The city of Jiaohe was the capital of the Anterior Jushi Kingdom, concurrent with the Han Dynasty, Jin Dynasty and Southern and Northern Dynasties in China. It was finally abandoned after its destruction during an invasion by the Mongols led by Genghis Khan in the 13th century.
2. Karez Well - It is a loacal Turfan water system, called karez well in Turfan. It is a qanat system that has been regarded as one of the three greatest water projects of ancient China together with the Du Jiang Yan Irrigation System, and the Grand Canal.
3. Flaming Mountains - The Flaming Mountains are barren, eroded, red sandstone hills in the east of the city of Turfan. The mountain climate is harsh and the temperature is extremely hot in the summer, the hottest site in China.
4. Grape Valley - Situated in the Flaming Mountain 13 km east of Turpan, the Grape Valley is 8km long from north to south and 0.5km wide. This green paradise of 400 hektares is covered with layer upon layer of grapes.
Turpan - Korla by road ( B L )
Korla - Kuqa by road ( B L )
Tonight stay at your hotel in Kuqa.
Kuqa - Urumqi by overnight train ( B L )
1.Kizil Thousand-Buddha Caves - Located 67 kilometers west of Kucha County, the Kizil Thousand Buddha Caves is the oldest of its kind in China and the largest ruins of Buddhist culture in Xinjiang, even one century earlier than the famous Mogao Grottoes.There are now 236 numbered grottoes in this cave, which houses nearly 10,000 square meters of mural paintings.
2.Tianshan Grand Canyon - The Tianshan Mystery Canyon is located in the mountain area 72km north of Kuqa. The canyon is characterized by oddly-shaped rocks, craggy pinnacles, rugged cliffs and deep ravines. The width of the canyon changes due to the terrain.
While the broadest area is 53 meter wide, the narrowest section is too narrow for one person to go through sideways.
After dinner, take overnight train back to Urumqi.
Arrival in Urumqi ( L )
Leave Urumqi ( B )
1.All transfers and city transportation for your own use
2.Entrance fees and meals as mentioned
3.Private car or van with English speaking guide
4.Hotel with breakfast
5.Urumqi-Turpan-Korla by private vehicle; Kuqa-Urumai by train
6.The above private escorted tour is customized for you, your family or your friends exclusively. No other travelers will join in your group.
1.Tips to your tour guide and driver
2.Travel insurance for your coverage of injury or accident
Notice from TB
1. All rates on Tour-Beijing.com are subject to reconfirmation from our trip advisors when an actual booking is being made.
2. Tours price are net and non-commissionable.
3. Child definition: From Age 3 to 11 Years. 12 Years old and above will be charged as Adult Price.
4. All tours & transfers are all based in English Speaking local guides. For other languages, please contact our trip advisors for new quotations.
Questions & Answers:
Here is only for Questions and Answers. ( For anyone who wants to have an enquiry or customized tour, please email us to . )