China Mysterious Tibet TourOverview:
China Mysterious Tibet Tour
Destinations: Beijing Xian Lhasa Shanghai
Duration: 12 Days
Tour Type: Private Tour
Tour Code: CTT-05
Price: Starting from US$1860
Day By Day Itinerary ( B - Breakfast, L - Lunch, D - Dinner )
Arrival in Beijing
Beijing ( B L )
Beijing ( B L )
After lunch, drive to the Ming Tombs ( Dingling, one of the 13 Ming Dynasty Tombs complex ). From the Yongle Emperor onwards, 13 Ming Dynasty Emperors were buried in this area. You will visit Dingling, the tomb of the Wanli Emperor, which is the only one of the Ming Dynasty Tombs to have been excavated. Back to your hotel.
Beijing - Xian by air ( B L D )
Continue to visit the Great Mosque, the biggest and most preserved complete Chinese existent mosque. It was first built at the Tianbao first year (742 years) during Tang Dynasty. After having the local flavor - Dumpling Dinner, enjoy Tang Dynasty Show in the evening. Transferred back to your hotel.
Xian ( B L )
Xian - Lhasa by air ( B D )
Lhasa ( B L )
- The Potala Palace: Potala Palace is perched on the 130m-high Marpo Ri ( Red Hill ) with 13 storeys and more than 1000roms in the middle of Beijing Road, the heart of Lhasa City. It was once the winter residence of the Dalai Lama. The first recorded use of the site dates back to the 7th century AD when King Songtsen Gampo built a palace here. The present construction began during the reign of the fifth Dalai Lama 1645. It takes at least 2-hour to visit those rooms, halls and chapels.
- The Jokhang Temple: The 1300-year-old Jokhang Temple is now the spiritual center of Tibet. From earliest dawn to last light, daily worshippers and once-in-a-lifetime pilgrims make the inner circumambulation (kora) of the Jokhang to earn religious merit. Some of them prostrate outside circuiting the temple. The Jokhang Temple is best visited in the early morning. It now houses the life-sized statue of the twelve year-old Sakyamuni brought by Songtsan Gampo's Chinese wife - Princess Wencheng.
- Barkhor Street: The Barkhor is the oldest street in Lhasa as well as the center of old Lhasa and remains very traditional. It is a place where Tibetan culture, economy, religion and arts are assembled. Walking around the Jokhang Temple is said that it can bring prosperity and peace to one's whole life. The street is lined with huge numbers of shops selling various kinds of tourist stuff with Tibetan style - skybeads and much more.
Meals: Breakfast, Western Food Lunch
Lhasa ( B L )
- Norbulingka Park: It is located in the western suburbs of Lhasa city. "Norbu" in Tibetan language means " treasure". "Lingka" means a park with beautiful trees and flowers. It once served as the summer palace for dalai lamas from 7th Dalai Lama who first built the palace. Then come out to visit the 14th Dalai Lama's palace through another gate. The 14th Dalai Lama went to India in 1959. People visit the rooms in the palace one by one. When he left Tibet in 1959, he was only 25 years old. From the picture hanging on the wall of the assembly room, he was once a handsome man.
- Tibet Museum: It is located to the south-east of Norbulingka. It is a Tibetan structure museum. It has three exhibition floors. It has abundant historical relics and treasures including prehistoric culture, united culture, culture and art, customs. They offer the audio guide service. You can use the audio to get a better understanding of the some important history and relics. It is a must for those who is interested in Tibetan history.
- Sera Monastery: Located 5km north of Lhasa, this monastery was the first Gelugpa monastery in Lhasa and has remained the main seat of this major Buddhist order ever since. About 600 monks are now in residence here. Debating takes place from 3:30pm to 5pm in a garden next to the assembly hall in the center of the monastery. There is a fine kora path around the monastery.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Food Lunch
Lhasa - Shanghai by air ( B )
Shanghai ( B L )
Shanghai ( B )
Exit From Shanghai ( B )
( US$ Per Person )
|Travelling Party||Luxury Class||Standard Class||Comfortable Class|
|10 persons up||$2390||$1970||$1860|
|Single room Supplement||$764||$388||$285|
|Remark: The prices above are based on two persons sharing one standard room. If you prefer a single room on your own, please pay single room supplement.|
|Hotels in Use for this tour:|
|City||Luxury Deluxe Hotel||Standard Hotel||Comfortable Hotel|
|Beijing||Crowne Plaza Beijing or same class||Sunworld Hotel Beijing or same class||Holiday Inn Express Temple of Heaven or same class|
|Xian||Sheraton Xian Hotel or same class||Tangcheng Hotel or same class||Citadines Xi'an Central or same class|
|Lhasa||Brahmaputra Grand Hotel||Tangka Hotel or same class||Kailash Hotel or same class|
|Shanghai||Crowne Plaza Hotel Shanghai or same class||Golden River-View Hotel Shanghai or same class||Holiday Inn Express Zhabei Shanghai or same class|
1.All transfers and city transportation for your own use
2.Entrance fees and meals as mentioned
3.Private car or van with English speaking guide
4.Hotels with breakfast both at Beijing, Xian and Shanghai
6.The above private escorted tour is customized for you, your family or your friends exclusively. No other travelers will join in your group.
Tips to your tour guide and driver
Notice from TB
1. All rates on Tour-Beijing.com are subject to reconfirmation from our trip advisors when an actual booking is being made.
2. Tours price are net and non-commissionable.
3. Child definition: From Age 3 to 11 Years (usually enjoying 10%-40% discount. Contact our trip advisors for the actual discount for your case). 12 Years old and above will be charged as Adult Price.
4. All tours & transfers are all based in English Speaking local guides. For other languages, please contact our trip advisors for new quotations.
|1.||Please use our online booking or send your travel request via email to .
You are also welcome to call us at 00 86 10 67160201 ext 1006 or 1007.
|2.||Our real trip advisors will have your booking confirmed no more than one working day. When your booking is confirmed, you will get a confirmation email or call from us, which includes the confirmed detailed itinerary with prices.|
|3.||Way of Payment
Prepayment is needed to hold your reservation. Cash payment, credit card payment or wire transfer.
Both RMB and US$ or other hard currencies are acceptable. Terms & Conditions
|Questions & Answers:|
Here is only for Questions and Answers. ( For anyone who wants to have an enquiry or tour booking, please fill in our Online Enquiry. )